Connecting with ISIAs
Our International Student Immigration Advisors (ISIAs) are here to help you sort through processes and paperwork.
The ISIAs can help you:
- Understand your document requirements including study permit, Temporary Resident Visas (TRVs), work permits, etc.
- Understand the immigration requirements for your dependants.
- Learn more through immigration Question and Answer (Q&A) sessions and information sessions.
- Locate additional appropriate services and resources.
Permanent Residency (PR) Resources
CIE’s International Student Immigration Advisors cannot advise on permanent residency and cannot provide assistance with PR applications.
For any Permanent Residence (PR) questions, please refer to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website (opens in a new tab).. We work with representatives of IRCC to ensure students have access to information sessions about pathways to PR. Review the recordings and slides from the most recent available session below. Consult the CIE’s Calendar of Events (opens in a new tab) for any upcoming sessions.
- Journey to Permanent Residency in Canada for International Students (PDF)
- Journey to Permanent Residency in Canada for International Students (Video)
Students that would like to get professional immigration support are encouraged to seek the services of a lawyer that is licenced to practice law by a provincial/territorial law society in Canada (and has specific expertise with immigration law) or a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC).
To book an in-person, phone, or video appointment with an advisor online through the Career and Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx):
- Login to the CLNx with your UTORid and password
- Go to Appointments on the left. (If you are a student who works at U of T, make sure you are logged in to your student account.)
- Click St. George Overview, then Centre for International Experience.
- Click Book immigration advising appointment. You will have two options:
- If you choose Book by appointment type, select Immigration advising and you will be shown a list of upcoming available appointment dates and times.
- If you choose Book by appointment provider, scroll down the list and select either: Marc Arnold, Hanna Caplan, Justin Kerr, or Joseph Unufegan for a phone/video call appointment.
- When scheduling your appointment time, be sure to include the following information about yourself:
- student number
- contact phone number (for phone appointment)
- brief description of the reason for the appointment
If you can access CLNx but cannot see any available appointments, please check back frequently as new appointments are added regularly.
If you can no longer attend the appointment you booked, please cancel it as soon as possible to allow another student to book it. You can watch this recording for step by step instructions on how to book and cancel an appointment on CLNx.
If you are cancelling less than one hour before your appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let the advisor know.