The Centre for International Experience (CIE) invites incoming international undergraduate students new to Canada and who will be living off campus to take part in a FREE Community Welcome Event prior to the start of the fall 2022 semester.
The Center for International Experience will be hosting a 3-Day Community Welcome event where students and UofT alumni will partake in a series of events and programs to welcome students to Canada and the University of Toronto St. George Campus on Friday August 26th to Sunday August 28th.
This is a wonderful opportunity for first-year international students and alumni to engage in building community, intercultural competencies, and learning of the resources and supports available to you on campus.
· Program Dates: Friday, August 26 thru Sunday, August 28
· Program Location: University of Toronto, St George Campus and surrounding locations
· Accommodations: New College
** APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday August 1st at 11:59PM EST APPLICATION FORM: CLICK HERE
This program is only open to incoming international first year students who are living off campus at the University of Toronto St George Campus within the Faculty of Arts & Science
HOW DOES IT WORKS?
· Students will be staying at New College Residence during the 3 Day- 2 Night event
· Students will be paired up 1 alumni to 2-3 students. The students and alumni will partake in a 3-day event through a series of carefully crafted programs and activities from the CIE.
· Alumni will also have curated time to spend with students bringing them to different cultural and historical sites in Toronto.
· Also included in this program are four regular touch points throughout the academic year for host families and students to stay connected. Touchpoints will take place every 6 weeks (Thanksgiving/ Winter Holidays/ Family Day/ Semester End – April).
This program is at no additional cost for students. We will cover the meals and your accommodations while you are at New College Residence for the 2 nights.
There will be an application process for both first year students and hosts. Please apply by: Monday August 1st, 2022 at 11:59PM EST To apply please click the following : APPLICATION FORM or copy and paste https://forms.office.com/r/YbgxLasiPD into your web browser
Please review the timeline for applications outlined below.
· Application period: July 15 to August 1
· Application deadline: Monday August 1, 11:59PM EST
· Application review: Tuesday August 2
· Interview invitations sent: Wednesday August 3 (please check your junk mail)
· Group interview: Friday August 5, 9AM to 11:30AM EST
· Decisions sent out: Monday August 8
· Deadline to confirm participation: Monday August 15, 11:59PM EST