Skip to main content
Navi Mental Health Wayfinder

For Faculty & Staff

If you are a faculty or staff at the University of Toronto, there are multiple ways you can contribute to our program and support our work, like we would yours.

International student support

University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP)

The health of our students is of utmost importance to us. If you need any information about the UHIP coverage, please visit our pages to find all the information you need to guide your students or contact our team.

International Student Immigration Advisor

U of T is home to many international students. We need to do our best collectively to support their journey. This includes helping them navigate Canada’s immigration system and ensuring they maintain their legal status in Canada for whatever project or activity they undertake on an academic, professional or personal level.

While we all want to assist our students, please note that only Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) and Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors (RISIAs) are legally allowed to advise students on immigration matters.

If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us, or consult our resources online.


The CIE provides access to a number of exciting scholarships and funding opportunities, with the aim of facilitating access to global learning experiences for students from all fields and backgrounds.

Students have access to a variety of Global Experiences and funding options, through programs such as Laidlaw, DAAD, MEXT, and Schwartzman. Likewise, the CIE runs several Inbound Visiting Opportunities and Scholarships that students are invited to explore.

Workshop Requests

Learning Abroad

There are multiple ways students can undertake learning abroad opportunities. The Centre for International Experience runs exchange programs with partner institutions around the world. We also provide support for faculty and staff who would like to create, develop or promote their learning abroad opportunities.

You would like to develop your international opportunities but need connections? Contact or consult our website to have a glimpse at our partner list.

You would like to bring an international component to your programs? Contact or consult our resources available online.

You would like to know more about funding resources available for learning abroad opportunities? Contact or consult our funding resources online.

Our Safety Abroad team manages risks pertaining to student travel internationally and offers supports to students while they are abroad.

All students going abroad on a U of T activity are required to register to our office prior to departure.

You would like more information about Safety Abroad? Contact or consult our resources online.