Skip to main content
U of T Resource Finder

International Student Services

Are you an international student? Do you have a question about your legal status in Canada, your healthcare coverage for you and your family, or how to file your taxes? Our team is here to help ensure you have a smooth transition and have the resources you need to succeed at U of T.


The Centre for International Experience (CIE) is here to support you with your immigration status. You will find lots of useful information on the following pages for you and your family, whether you plan just to study, or also work during or after your studies at the University of Toronto.

mother and daughter
doctor and patient

University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP)

The University of Toronto provides comprehensive healthcare coverage to international students while they study in Ontario.

International students are automatically enrolled in two separate healthcare plans. Together, the two plans offer extensive medical coverage essential to international students accessing regular healthcare services in Ontario:

  1. University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP)
  2. Supplementary Health & Dental Plans

Resource and Information Hub

The RI Hub is here to support you to find the information, services and programs you need as an international student at UofT.

student in library